Sunday, September 03, 2006

Here's a good one :http://www.gramsforcongress.com/News/08.30.06%20Spying.htm. Someone videotaping a public campaign event is now an act of aggression. They accuse Oberstar of sending campaign staffers to "intimidate and bully the public" according to their public feedback. This is good stuff. I hear things like this everyday from people wearing aluminum foil hats. I like the public feedback part....I will assume that by the public they mean camera shy republicans. I'd be camera-shy too with whack job stuff like this coming out of a campaign. (I'll just mention the results of the last six years while they've been running things, the one big reason they should crawl into a hole somewhere). I like the part about Rod not being intimidated about being in front of a camera. Now there's bravery. I'm impressed. I'll tell the local teenagers how brave they are for filming themselves tomorrow ( Maybe then they'll stop trying to get me to watch their goofball bike crashes).

This is also part of the rightwing's pattern the last two decades. Indignancy. A good fancy word. Say it with an english accent. Really what they do is whine over things that aren't happening because in their world, they are always oppressed. They are oppressed in college because someone tells them they might be wrong. They are oppressed by senior citizens who actually dare question them on social security and call them liars. Any questioning of them is seen as oppression. I'll remind them that reality exists. Now they are oppressed because someone actually films them at a public campaign event.

I'm going to make a suggestion to the Grams campaign. Stop trying to create false controversy. This is a great old republican tactic: We know we are losing on actual issues like wages and health care so we'll create something the press will latch onto, like this. It'd be good if it wasn't so incompetent and pathetic. They are truly getting desperate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at the 8th District DFL Convention and the Minimum wage event that Oberstar heldin Duluth on August 18th. There were Republican trackers following Oberstar at both of those events.